Placing Business with Heacock Classic is Easy!
Our Policy Includes the Following Coverages:
- Liability Insurance – Various Limits (Greatly reduced rates)
- PIP (No-Fault) – Provided as required by state laws
- Medical Payments – Included in most states
- Uninsured Motorist – Various Limits
- Physical Damage
- Deductible Options available for some vehicles
- “Agreed Value” coverage provided unless stated otherwise. (Means we agreed to pay policy limit in the event of total loss.)
Additional Coverages included for No Additional Charge:
- Towing and Labor – $200 Per Occurrence
- Spare parts coverage – $2,000
- Coverage for newly acquired vehicles – up to $50,000 for up to 14 days.
Stability and Specialization
American Modern Insurance Group, based in Amelia, Ohio, underwrites the Heacock Classic Collector Car Insurance program in most states. American Modern is a subsidiary of Munich Re, one of the world’s largest insurance companies. Together, we insure over 40,000 Collector Car clients. Our underwriting and customer service units are dedicated to providing superior service to both you and your customers. We have been providing this coverage for more than 20 years and as auto enthusiasts ourselves, we have an intimate understanding of the Collector Car hobby.
Superior Claims Handling
While our customers have few claims, it can be a traumatic experience for collectible owners when something happens to their “baby”. We like to say, “You Perfect It; We Protect It!” We live up to this pledge by offering the following benefits:
- Our claims staff has expertise in collectible vehicle claims settlements. From access to photos of all cars we insure, to knowledge that special cars need special attention, we strive to have the collectible car fixed right with original parts and materials whenever available, and as quickly as possible.
- We allow your customer to select the repair facility of their choice, provided the labor rate is comparable to other shops in the area.
- All drivers must be at least 25 years of age in order to be covered.
- Any driver under 25 years of age will be listed as excluded and will not be covered to drive the collector vehicle.
- All drivers must each have a daily use vehicle for daily transportation purposes aside from the collector vehicle.
- Applicant must have a personal auto insurance policy listing them as the named insured on a vehicle owned and registered by the applicant in the same state as the collector vehicle.
- All drivers/household members must have a good driving history.
- The vehicle is kept in a fully enclosed, locked, and private garage whenever the vehicle is not being driven.
- The vehicle is primarily used for car shows and hobbyist activities with occasional pleasure use. We do offer an “occasional commute” endorsement allowing the vehicle to be used to commute to work or school, however the vehicle should never be used for back-up transportation or errand running.
- The vehicle is only driven a limited number of miles per year.
- The vehicle is only driven by experienced drivers.
Vehicle Condition and Valuation:
- Must display pride of ownership: well maintained, in restored or well-preserved condition.
- Vehicles under restoration must be stored at residence or a restoration shop, with a target date for completion. Eligibility subject to company review.
- “T-Bucket” and Pro Street vehicles are subject to company review.
- Trucks and Jeeps must be over 25 years old, and not be used for towing, hauling, off-road or utility use.
- We generally do not require appraisals, but may ask for one if value exceeds $50,000.
To Apply for Coverage, Simply Call Us!
Call a Collector Specialist at (800) 678-5173 Monday – Friday from 8 am – 8 pm EST and we’ll start your application for you! In order to complete your application, we will need the following:
- Your Heacock Agent Code
- Vehicle Information including year, make, model, mileage and your desired Agreed Value.
- Your vehicles’ registration address.
- A recent color photo of each vehicle to be insured.
- Driver’s License information for all drivers in the household who are not being excluded from the policy.
AGENTS – Be sure to provide us with a completed Agency Profile and Producer Agreement with your submission (if not already on file). These can be found on the agent page of our website: https://www.heacockclassic.com/agents or call and we can email them to you.
Brokering Agents have no binding authority. New submissions are bound effective the date when a complete, eligible submission is received and upon notification from Heacock Classic of the effective date and policy number. At your request, Heacock Classic can fax or e-mail a binder confirming coverage.
Making changes to policy is as easy as calling us at (800) 678-5173 or emailing us at email@example.com.
- Convenient installment plans offered.
- Renewal policies are direct-billed to the client.
- Payment by Visa, American Express or MasterCard is acceptable. A credit card authorization form is available on our web site.
New policies and renewals are mailed directly to the client with a copy to the agent. Billing statements are sent via U.S. mail under separate cover. All policies are direct billed to the customer.
We have excellent programs for:
- Museum Collections
- Race Cars
- Private Car Transporters
Please call us to discuss any these risks.